Frequently asked questions about Online Training from St John Ambulance
Frequently asked questions
What is an Online Learning Space?
The Online Learning Space is an area on our eLearning Platform that individuals can register to access. It is a resource to help aid your skill retention through short interactive modules, mini courses and activities.
It also includes online modules that must be completed (as part of our blended online training courses) before you attend the second part of the courses in person at one of our training venues.
Do I need anything special to use it?
My username and password aren't working
I'm having trouble registering onto the platform
I have forgotten my username or password
Why does the course completion still say not started, even though I have completed the course?
What if my course is relocated, rescheduled, or cancelled by St John?
If I can no longer attend a course, can I get a refund?
Can I give my place to a friend/colleague?
When do I need to pay for my course?
When will I receive my certificate?
How do I receive my online course completion confirmation?
My course completion confirmation is not generating
My course completion confirmation does not have a date
What happens to the data I share with St John Ambulance?
At St John Ambulance Guernsey we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We recognise the rights you have over your data.
We respect those rights and are committed to safeguarding your privacy. If you would like to find out more on how St John Ambulance Guernsey will store and keep your data, please visit www.stjohn.gg/st-john-guernsey-privacy-notice or contact DataProtectionOfficer@stjohn.gg for further enquiries.
What are the Terms and Conditions?
Our aim is to make it as easy as possible to learn First Aid and related subjects with St John Ambulance Guernsey – Training Services. The following conditions are therefore intended to be as simple as possible to meet your training needs.
- Bookings may be made online at stjohntraining.gg. Payment is required at the time of booking. If courses/examinations are held outside the island of Guernsey, any expenses incurred such as payment for extra hours incurred by the nature of travel, travel costs and refreshments will be charged in addition to the standard course fees.
- CANCELLATION/NON-ATTENDANCE. All cancellations must be made in writing via email. The FULL course fee will be levied in respect of any cancellations made less than 14 days prior to commencement of the course. A fee of 50% will be levied for cancellations made between 14 and 21 days prior to commencement. A substitute delegate can be named at any time. Non-attendance on the day will attract the full course fee.
- If a student arrives late for a course, or is absent from any session, we reserve the right to refuse or accept him/her for training if we feel insufficient knowledge or skills can be gained in the time remaining. In all such cases, the full course fee remains payable.
- St John Ambulance Guernsey – Training Services reserves the right to cancel a course if numbers booked make the course impractical to hold. In such circumstances, as much notice as possible will be given and an offer will be made for a free transfer to another course date or a full refund of fees paid.
- To be eligible to attend a two-day requalification course, candidates must be in possession of a valid First Aid at Work certificate issued by an HSE approved provider which is current on the last day of the requalification course.